Coronavirus (COVID-19) Proactive Measures
In light of concerns regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to keep you informed of proactive measures we are undertaking to protect our residents, staff and visitors from exposure and prepare for the possible spread of illness. Our priority is the health and safety of our residents, staff and visitors. Accordingly, we are closely monitoring announcements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and New York Department of Health (DOH) and following agency guidance in addition to consulting industry resources.
Please note that we are constantly evaluating our policies and protocols in view of new information and they are subject to change. We will do our best to keep you apprised of changes by updating this notice.
STEPS AMSTERDAM NURSING HOME IS TAKING
Prior to concerns about COVID-19, we had infection prevention and control procedures in place to maximize the health and safety of the vulnerable population we serve. We have enhanced our existing protocols to minimize the risk of exposure and to provide clinical and operational personnel the information and tools necessary to address the situation as it evolves.
The following is a summary of measures undertaken to date consistent with regulatory guidance:
Interdisciplinary Task Force
- Led by our Medical Director and Vice President of Nursing, our interdisciplinary team is in constant communication working together to develop efficient and effective procedures and protocols to minimize the risk of exposure and prepare for possible spread.
- We monitor and have been communicating with DOH and other regulators as well as trade associations and other health care providers to obtain the most up to date information to allow us to evaluate and implement the most effective prevention and control protocols.
- Our clinicians are vigilantly monitoring resident health.
- We have trained our staff to identify residents who might be at risk of COVID-19 and are prepared to institute precautions for these residents if the need arises.
Employee and Contractor Screening
- We are screening employees and contractors for symptoms or potential exposure to COVID-19 to prevent the introduction of the COVID-19 infection.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning on high touch surfaces and high trafficked public areas with hospital-grade bleach disinfectant. This is done daily, and in many areas, multiple times a day.
- We have made hand sanitizer readily available for residents, visitors and staff.
Volunteers and Non-Essential Vendors
We have advised volunteers and non-essential vendors to refrain from participating in programs at this time.
Below are helpful links.